A front delayed our Monday departure, but then cleared out enough for us to leave the next day. Our first venture south of Seattle led us to Blake Island and the park dock on the NE side.
This was a strategic move as much as sightseeing. A strong low was forecast for Thursday, promising gale force winds all day. It didn’t disappoint. I’m glad we were safely on a dock.
It’s now Friday, and after a windless 5 hour trip we are anchored in Quartermaster Harbor on Vashon Island. It’s a large shallow bay with firm mud to sink an anchor into. There are some gusty winds coming tomorrow, but there isn’t enough fetch for uncomfortable waves to develop. If all goes well we’ll be here till next Tuesday when we head for Tacoma’s Dock Street Marina.